Thursday, August 2, 2012

33

I woke up to a surprise from the hubs. 
He baked, cut some fresh flowers and left me a love note.
My day started right.

I took the kids swimming with some friends.

Went home and whipped up dinner for a pregnant friend whose husband was out of town.

Then Shane and the kids took me to do the only thing that I felt like doing.



Walking the Schwetzingen Palace Gardens. (it's about 10 minutes from our house)



It was so peaceful. And beautiful.









Ty knew so many of the Greek god statues. The kids got to run and explore. My love and I got to stroll (and push Theo).

There is also a bird aviary.





We grabbed a late dinner. It didn't turn out as well as planned, but that was okay.


I came home and Shane had a surprise for me. He usually doesn't surprise me. I'm not that easy to surprise.

He had remembered something from Amsterdam that really wanted, but it wasn't available.

It was a print of VanGogh's "Piles of French Novels". It wasn't available at the museum, and I had kind of forgotten about it.

He remembered and I love it and his thoughtfulness.

It was a good night, and I have a lot to be thankful for. 

Bring on 33 more.

(more pics from the gardens)








i love those deer fountains
a giant muskrat


No comments: