Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Noble Duty

Cannon's class was given an assignment:
to create a Humpty Dumpty that wouldn't break when he fell off of the wall. The king of the land would pay a visit to check the progress. We had known about the project for a couple of weeks. I volunteered to sew something, but Cannon wanted to just "paint a balloon."
Perfectly acceptable. Until the day before when he changed his mind, and in fact, wanted me to sew something.

Grrrrrr.

The result...a sad little stuffed egg, with a hole in his head (which Cannon poked) and no arms or legs. Cannon didn't mention that he wanted arms and legs, or a shirt, until about 15 mintues before we were supposed to be at school. He decided to love it anyway.
When the King came around, all of the Humpty's passed their test. Now, all of the kings horses and all of the kings men won't ever have to put Humpty together again.

Cannon would still like me to add the arms and legs. I think I'll start over.
Anything for this guy.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cannon is so adorable. (Oh, and I really like Ty's quilt!)