Monday, December 20, 2010

5 years ago today,

My sweet Cannon was born. I often refer to him as my sweet Cannon, or sweet bubba, because Ohhh.EMM.GeeEEE. he is practically made of sugar. He is the most sensitive of my offspring, wears his heart on his sleeve, cannot keep a straight face if he's mad, adores his dad, has an incredibly faithful soul and cares for his baby brother constantly. This kid has a lot to teach his mom....and siblings. He offers so much to our family.

Cannon-isms, lately:
He is a Star Wars and G.I. Joe NUT! He loves to dress up as a ninja, and practice his self taught Kung Fu skills. His favorite things to watch are, the original G.I. Joe cartoons, like from the early 80's. He loves any Star Wars movie, How To Train Your Dragon, Karate Kid, has almost grown out of Super Why, and still enjoys a little Dinosaur Train from time to time.

He appreciates a wide array of music, songs like, Live your Life by TI and Rihanna, When You Were Young by The Killers, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, If I Faultered Slightly Twice by Of Montreal, Hearltess by Kanye West, Fireflies by Owl City, and his all time favorite All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar.

His favorite sport to play is soccer, and loves to watch football. He LOVES to wrestle, and will loyally challenge his dad to a match everyday after Shane comes home from work. He always wants to wrestle.

He loves to help in the kitchen, color, play with his "guys", build with blocks, work on Lego's, play video games, and especially play with his best friends Aiden and Emory.

He attends preschool twice a week, and will be absolutely ready for Kindergarten next fall...which makes me sad. He started reading in October and has really taken off. He also still talks with his signature lisp. That might not be around much longer, as I see speech therapy in his future.

He is having a ninja-ish birthday party later today, after I recouperate from the festivities I will post the highlights... 

No comments: