Monday, September 20, 2010

Brothers

There is so much to say about this picture.

Shane has been out of town, and needless to say it's been a challenge.

On a particularly hard evening this weekend we were in the midst of "rush hour" as I like to refer to it. Dinner, baths, bedtime rituals. 

I did not have a handle on the situation and Theo was expressing his displeasure in his loudest voice. I had expressed my displeasure in all three of my older children and was feeling pretty desperate, and terrible.

I asked Ty to hold his brother and ran out of the room to tame the madness. After a minute I passed by Ty's room and saw this...then ran for my camera. I had to capture it.

Thoughts:
First thing I think of is Shane. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this exact same picture, except Shane is doing to the holding.

Theo is quiet, Ty has a way with him.

I just yelled at Ty for not listening, how could I have done that? Look at his sweetness.

Who cares about time, I have four children.

I wish Shane could see this.

Ty is going to be an amazing father.

These boys are going to be best friends.

We need Shane. We need Shane. We need Shane.

The list goes on and on.

I love this picture.

It quieted my soul, and made me want to say so much.

6 comments:

Liz said...

oh, i love it!!!

kaye said...

You are amazing Kristin. I have thought all weekend how unselfish you are to handle everything to give Shane a chance to get away. The pictures say to me you are a wonderful mother and wife!

Amy said...

It really is a priceless moment. Glad you were able to capture it on camera and in your heart. It looks like Ty and Theo will have the same bond as Isaac and Halle. I love it. It brings out a tender side in our boys.

Em said...

so. so. so. sweet.

Jen said...

I could eat those boys up with a spoon.

Teriney said...

Omgoodness too cute!!!