Saturday, February 27, 2010

my oldest gets baptized

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, mother nature smiled.

I ran errands frantically this morning, getting everything finalized. I also had to pick up a few refreshments.

We arrived at the church about 2:30pm. I even remembered my photo card.

Tyler's energy became nervous, he gets a little wild when he gets nervous.

Shane became very quiet, reflective and reverent.

I became emotional as soon as I saw my guys in all white.
We got everything set up, and everyone seated.
We have the most articulate, and compassionate bishop.
His words were too kind.




Tyler chose his teacher from last year to speak on Baptism, Caleb. I loved watching Tyler as he was spoken to. He listened intently.

The water was cold. Shane said Ty tried to climb him as soon as he entered the font.

Covenenants were made.

The Hubbard couple played a beautful interlude.

The gift of the Holy Ghost was given.

Shane was amazing.
I am a proud mom, and wife.







Reflecting... family and friends alike, showed their love and support for my child and our little family. What more could a person want... for their child to be loved and cared for by so many. It reminds me of the old African Proverb, It takes a village to raise a child.

It truly does, and somehow we have managed to land ourselves in one spectacular village.

No comments: