Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cannon-isms: lately

this three year old of mine says some things...
The other day we were exiting the freeway. It was just Cannon and me in the car. Typically, at the Fair Park exit you will find a homeless person with a sign, this night was no different. I usually give, I really do, when I have cash. If you know me, you know I usually don't have cash. This night I didn't have cash, and this was the night that Cannon said, "mom, can we give him some money so he buy a place to live?" Of course, I had to say, "not tonight."

But today, the man was there again. I had cash and Cannon was riding with me. I had the green light, but stopped, to give the man a dollar. Cannon noticed and asked me if I had just given him money so that he could buy a place to live.

I can't believe how observant children are, and I am so impressed with my little guy. I'm so glad I was able to redeem his sweet heart tonight
* * * * * * * *
Recently Ty realized that Shane had disposed of his "nut collection", which consisted of a bunch of acorns and a few walnuts from the tree out front. He stored them in the drawer of our console table and they really made quite a mess. Anyway, I told Ty that we needed to find a jar for this type of collection. Yesterday we were in Wal Mart and found such a jar. I showed Ty what he needed. Out of nowhere Cannon proclaimed that for Christmas HE was asking for a money collection!
* * * * * * * *
Cannon has a few choice phrases that he uses in times of desperation. Sometimes it's doughnut head, or knucklehead. Other times it's eyeball...lately, it's been Mr. One Man Show. I have no clue where it came from, but I have indeed, been given the title several times. Tonight was special, I was called Mr. Girl Man Show, because I'm a girl, he said.
* * * * * * * *
With brushing teeth: we usually let him brush his teeth first, then go back over them just to make sure. I'm usually the one to do it. He recently requested that I keep the toothbrush on his teeth, because it hurts...oops.
I can't believe he will be 4 so soon.

No comments: