Wednesday, August 12, 2009

surprise me

The Surprise: The kids were too quiet. I should've known something was going on....in the playroom, on the train table.
Shane and I were having an important discussion, and suddenly I hear a suspicious crinkle of plastic in the pantry. It was Ty, picking m&m's (only blue) out of the trail mix bag. Ryli was standing by, the m&m's would complete the "dessert".
After demanding answers I was told to close my eyes, Ryli would be right back. In she brought a creative mixed good, fit for a queen...me.Don't you worry, the recipe will be published below.
The Clean-Up: There was a trail of honey to be followed, then cleaned. Shane was on top of it. It brought a tear to my eye, and not in the sentimental way. The playroom surfaces were covered in honey. After some deep breathing I was able to look past the mess and at least snap a picture or two for the blog.

Ode to the Blog: Sometimes my blog saves me from saying things I might regret. Sometimes it saves my sweet children from a lecture for just being kids. I thanked Ryli for the thought, and then asked her kindly if she might just draw a picture next time...they last forever, you know.

Moral of the story: try not to take things so seriously, hide my brand new bottles of organic honey...and thank you, blog.

Queen Bee Recipe:

3 chocolate brownie Z-bars

1 entire container of organic honey

1 oreo

1 home-grown jalapeno (for kick)

*children must mix until hearts content, then proceed to leave trails of honey all over the playroom, in their hair, train table and play kitchen

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yummy, I think I might try this tantalizing recipe.