Thursday, July 16, 2009

Son of a...

Cannon adores superheros. Everytime we go to the library he wants to check out a super hero dvd. They are always scratched beyond viewing.


So yesterday we went to Target to get school supplies, the kids start on Monday. Cannon felt left out and we stumbled upon a super hero dvd, with all of the stars, for $9.99.

Sold.

It was a trying trip to Target, but I left with my sanity intact...barely.

We got home, ate, went for a swim, and back home to catch a few minutes with dad before he left for a meeting. I would be solo for dinner, baths, and bedtime.

Prior to lights out I somehow managed a spare 45 minutes for the kids to either: finish their art project, or.....watch the new Justice League dvd.

Cannon and Ryli chose to paint, Ty chose to watch. As I was quietly encouraging my creative geniuses I overheard something on the T.V. that sound like "son of a b*tch."

I got worried. I asked Ty what had been said and he said, " i dunno, something fitch or something."

I jumped up to check the rating on the movie that I had just purchased my 3 year old...and low and behold...it was PG-13.

Ejected immediately, the dvd will be returned, and I will let the poor Target employee that greets me at customer service know that movies containing higher than a PG rating should not be located in the family/childrens section of Target. All for people like me who don't have the time or brain power to check for a rating when shopping for school supplies with a 7, 6, and 3 year old and desperately trying to keep things even.

So there.

No comments: