Friday, April 17, 2009

orthopedia.



WARNING: GROSS FOOT PICTURE BELOW
I had surgery on Tuesday morning, now I'm recovering. The surgery went well, I passed right out upon entering the O.R. and didn't wake back up until I was being wheeled out to recovery. I was told on the way out that I sighed "that was wonderful," in which I was probably referring to the best half hour of un-interrupted sleep that I've had in about 8 years. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the breaking of the bones in my foot, yeah pretty sure. I spent the next 24 hours
D-R-U-G-G-E-D...
I'm doing well, got off of the narcotics after 24 hours, I'm not a fan of those things. I've kept up on Extra Strength Tylenol and my antibiotics (which are also making me crazy).

So far, I don't think it's been as bad as everyone warned, however I've only been in my orthopedic beauty for a few days. I've been told I can't go barefoot for 3 months. That sucks, we're going to the beach May 16th. I'm coming up with a plot to sweet talk my doctor, if only sweet talk could heal the bones in my foot...

(my first post-op 4/17/09)

**A little public affection to all those who have donated their time and dinnery goodness as of late...have I mentioned how much I love my friends? Well I do, so much in fact that I will let you (them) cook us dinner anytime you want...no need to wait for another surgery:) xoxo

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks awful. Glad you are doing well and hope that you continue to heal well. How about no more surgeries for your family this year...you guys have totally met your quota:)

Natalie said...

thinking of you! sounds like you are being well taken care of though...you have great friends and a wonderful hubby to help out. and i also want to see the hair....miss hair-diva!

Natalie said...

what on earth was wrong with your foot to begin with???