Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 b-days and an Easter


it POURED on Easter Sunday, our spirits were not spoiled. The bunny still managed a pit stop and the kids were thrilled. Ty was up at 6am...excited, Shane had to roll me out of bed. I was up late and worked to death all weekend. (see pic)




Ryli got lots of Hello Kitty treats, Ty, Pokemon cards and Cannon magnetic blocks. They hunted the eggs that we colored the night before with friends and then a little chocolate consumption followed by the spiritual consumption.

We started our new church. We only stayed for the first hour, we had some serious plans with some of Sue-wee's meatballs and a pink birthday cake. Our monthly family birthday celebration was combined this year with Easter. We had a delicious lunch of Spaghettti and Meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. The kids opened their goodies from Sue-wee, then we had 4 birthdays to get to. Sue-wee made a chocolate cake with half pink and half green frosting. (green for Landry) Spencer got a mandarin pie and Gus got his own little chocolate cake. They each had presents to open and cards to read.

It really was a special day, special because I was able to spend it with really great people. Also special because while traveling to and from church I asked the kids about Easter. I taught Ryli's class in church last year and remember teaching the 5 year olds everything that happened from the death of Christ to the empty tomb. They remembered. I was proud...I am proud. I have good kids. They have good hearts...

No comments: