Wednesday, March 4, 2009

a cake i baked

All week long the kids are doing special activities in celebration of Dr. Suess' b-day. Ms. Stuart asked me to bake a cake and read to the class. I baked, Shane sliced and diced, and I frosted. The most impressive thing about the cake is that it arrived at the school in one piece with no dings or dents.
I also spent a chunk of time helping out with the book fair...you know what happens when you do that??? You spend $55 on justification. Books are a better investment than toys, the school benefits, your teachers have a wish list, if you get some for one you end up getting for all three, oh and it's Dr. Suess' BIRTHDAY...the best of intentions, always. Perhaps more impressive than the safe cake arrival was that I was parked at the school for over 3 hours and did not get one parking ticket! Crazy Thursday awaits with more craziness than usual...p.s. Cannon potty trained himself yesterday...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute cake!! I am so impressed with yours and Shane's cake making abilities:)

Liz&Meg said...

i'm impressed!