Saturday, January 31, 2009

7 years

It was 7 years ago today that I looked out the window of Evans Army Hospital and knew. I knew that no matter how majestic the snow-capped Rocky Mountains appeared, they couldn't compare to the majesty of my perfect newborn. Pikes Peak was, however, a priceless backdrop to one of the best days of my life. He smelled so good, his head perfectly round and fuzzy, he was warm and by far the most perfect being I had ever layed eyes on...the most beautiful thing I had ever created. Seven years later I couldn't have imagined motherhood would ever be like this. Thank you Tyler for introducing me to a love I never knew I always wanted. His day went down like this: An expected morning wake up with a bundle of balloons, presents wrapped and arranged on the table. After everyone is awake the festivities begin. Presents are opened, breakfast is served. A friend is baptized at 11am. I leave early to prepare for a crowd. Friends show up around 1:3o for a Bakugan Battle Tournament. We eat, battle, laugh, chase and blow out a #7 candle that dipped itself in the fudge during the birthday song. Ty was very excited to lick it clean. He opened presents, which were all perfect for my 7 year old boy. Friends enjoyed some brownies and said their goodbyes. At 5pm we depart for Olive Garden for dinner with Gram, Poppa and Sue-wee. Olive Garden makes Tyler's favorite pizza. We join the Nilssons for bowling and our evening is concluded with a quiet movie for mom. A gift for myself perhaps, it took a lot of work to get him into this world! Have we mentioned that we have the best friends EVER? We love you guys...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tyler!!!!!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

from zakk and logan