Sunday, December 7, 2008

begotten not forgotten

Ryli gave her first talk in Primary today. I was more nervous than she was. In fact, she wasn't nervous at all, instead bouncing with excitement. Of course it turned out great with the highlight being the quote from John 3:16 "for God so loved the world, that he gave his only forgotten Son" she exclaimed. How ever was I supposed to keep my composure? Then to look in the back and she Shane cracking up didn't help at all. There was definitely an awkward silence as I hid behind Ryli and giggled, it didn't phase her a bit. Being in the spotlight is second nature for her...WAY TO GO RY!(by the by I've spent the last week sweating over this dress. I found the pattern and loved it, then couldn't find fine wale red corduroy so I "bought it now" on ebay. Then had to figure out button holes on my machine - which actually turned out to be really fun. So here it is Ryli's first homemade Christmas dress...the best part about it is that it's finished and she loves it:I)

4 comments:

The Beaumonts said...

Can i just say I ♥love♥ Ry dress. I was just wondering when you are going to sign up for project runway! I do have to say that your kids make me smile. I love to watch them and when she said forgotten it was priceless! Those are the moments why I love Primary so much!

kaye said...

She is beautiful!! You did a great job! I just wish I could hug and kiss all of you!

Teriney said...

So sad I missed it. Glad she did well.

Natalie said...

love this story! defenitely one for the scrapbook....i love the dress! why werent you this domestic in UT, when i was around? i need someone to domesticate me.
love you guys!