Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday and the Day before

I've been up since 3:45am in preparation for the shopping festivities. I love Black Friday, I love bargains and the competition to get the best deal. I only almost got in one fight and it was over sheet sets...silly huh?

Suffice it to say I got more than I planned, wrapped up Cannon's Birthday shopping and most of Christmas for the kids. Now is decision time...what to keep, what not to keep. That is my Black Friday BIG question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving was spent deliciously in the countryside of central Arkansas. We drove out to my aunt and uncles where we were joined by extended friends and family...a quaint group of about 25. The food was the tastiest I've experienced in all of my Thanksgiving past and the conversation...entertaining.

After the family affair we hung out with our "other" extended family, the Griffin's and Hartzell's. We enjoyed desserts and games, and the inevitable kids loving...and fighting. They really are the best of friends, we know it:)
We capped off the night at our house watching Cloverfield and yet more food consumption surrounded by more friends.
Indeed our Thanksgiving was spent with people that we love and constant reminders of ALL that we have to be thankful for...
Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are crazy!! I actually went this year too...but I didn't leave my house until 7:30:)