Friday, September 5, 2008

flo-Rida: day 7

tomorrow we head home.....so sad. it's always nice to get home but the beach already misses me. the feelings are reciprocated.
a re-cap:
wednesday: We went back to Destin. The Hartzell's "new" Pilot lost a/c and Shane and Larry took it to the dealership for service. It was covered under warranty. We had to forgo beach activity again due to double red flags. We met the guys in Destin at Hard Rock for lunch, did more shopping then came home.
thursday: We spent the day around the beach house swimming in the pool and playing on the beach. The kids are loving all of the outdoor fun and built-in friends. (though the fighting comes with the package) All of the kids are getting so much more confident in the water. Ty and Ry have started jumping into the deep end and swimming all over the place with no floatation device. Cannon will actually get into the water with a floatation device and play in the water independently. Ty loves the ocean. He is constantly going out far enough to scare me, Ry will go in about knee deep and Cannon will only sit where the waves wash up.

friday: I took Ty and Ry on a bike ride in the kid trailer this morning. it was a first for all of us. The kids didn't really know what to think. I mean, I think they enjoyed it but I think they were a little nervous. I saw a snake, I hate snakes. Then we found a new construction neighborhood with lots of cool boardwalks. I thought it would be fun to ride down them. In the middle of trying to balance on the small path and trying to take the turn wide enough I managed to fall off. The bike and the trailer seemed unaffected, the kids were a little worried but the seagrass caught my fall. I jumped and tried to play it off, jumped back on the bike, stood up on the pedals and fell in exactly the same place again. Apparently the chain fell off because when I tried to pedal the bike only went sideways. This time it hurt a little bit more. The kids picked up their jaws and asked if I was okay...again. I managed to walk the bike to the street and fix the chain and carry on. I am REALLY sore at this point. Not to mention some tumbles I took in the water from the crazy currents. (p.s. I'm just going to throw this out there because Becca and Holly are really excited to tell everyone that I lost my top because of the waves...body-surfing and strapless tops don't mix...for future reference) We spent the rest of the day swimming, napping, eating and playing on the beach. Ryli and I were the only ones who wanted to go back to the beach out of our family and we managed to take the kayak out for an oceanic spin. And I mean spin. I was really nervous so we were out for aboout 15 minutes. I had Ryli with me and I was sure I would get the crazy shark that wanted to jump aboard and take off one of our legs. Thanks Holly for the challenge, I don't know if I would've done it otherwise. We hit up a seafood shop for dinner, had shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob and some crab. we are all packed up and ready to hit the road tomorrow. I plan to take one last early morning walk on the beach to collect more shells for Ryli. She loves them and wants to make sure to bring back enough for everyone in her class.

1 comment:

Rustiroo said...

I love the pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful time. :)