Monday, August 4, 2008

r.i.p. serifina

This morning I woke up and went into the laundry room. I noticed a thud as Chip was running his wheel and when I went to check it out I noticed poor poor Serifina. She was actually curled up in the wheel no longer breathing and Chip was running with her in it. I was saddened to think how my little Ryli's heart would break when we told her, so we decided to wait until tonight to break the news. Shane was less than slick when Ty asked if we could bury her. His first response was something along the lines of, "i already did in the trees by our house." After I looked at him obviously disapproving, he changed the story and said this, "actually Ty when animals die the best thing to do is put them in the garbage can and let the trash men bury them at the dump for us..."
Okay.
Apparently Shane and I need some spiritual guidance because I just looked him like he was crazy and the only thing I could think to say was that Serifina is probably sitting on her very own cloud watching her right now. My little Ryli responded with "everytime I see a little cloud I'm going to think of Serifina." She had huge tears in her eyes. Poor Ryli. It hurts when your children hurt.

3 comments:

kaye said...

Hey--I think you did great. Parenting is HARD...there isn't a time when you don't wish you could protect your babies from hurting...even when they are thirty-something with babies of their own...I don't think you ever really own your heart--ever...

Sarah said...

RIP Serafina...We love you Ry!

Michelle said...

Oh poor Ry...how sad. So tell me Kristin...when does she get another one:)