Friday, June 13, 2008

a dressy rehearsal...

Wednesday night we had Ryli's dress rehearsal for her very first dance recital...the experience was flawless! As Ry sat in awe of the huge stage she would soon be lighting up, I had a moment of adoration. I have them frequently as a mother, but this time it was really special. I had performed on this same stage several times years ago and I remember the same feelings. Ryli was absolutely glowing, her eyes were huge, she had that sweet little half smile, and her face was twinkling with sparkles from the make-up. I wondered for a split second if she would feel intimidated by the vastness of the auditorium and then I snapped out of it. Her group was called up to practice and she ran up on the stage without me. I felt like I needed to go with her, and then I realized she didn't NEED me.
My little girl is becoming so independent, and I have never been more proud. She loves being on stage and performing, she will do great always...
The dance was pretty darn cute too, exactly what you would expect from first-timers! Ryli and her very best dance friend Lauren

4 comments:

Emilee said...

how darling! she looks so sweet. :)

Amy said...

What fun! I remember those days. We love Ryli.

{irene} said...

Oh girl...we are so so sad to leave too!...but you said it...it's mean to be!...e are going to miss you guys so much!

Natalie said...

Oh Ry! She is precious. So true about letting go...

p.s. my friend did a post that may interest you...
www.alisturn.blogspot.com
hint...it's about Edward.