Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a Trophy, a Trifle and Rock Band...

So our Saturday consisted of the Soccer Slam. Ty had 3 games to play to end the season and receive his trophy. He did really well in the games and definitely favors the defensive side of the ball! It was fun to see him really get involved and improve over the last two seasons. Shane was an amazing coach and I hope he will do it again next season. Of course Sunday was Mother's Day and I prepared a dessert. A lovely trifle if I do say so myself. There isn't much skill involved in building one, but it is pretty and it was delicious! It consisted of yellow cake, white chocolate pudding, whip cream and strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. YUM! The flowers in the pictures were picked from our front yard by my sweet babies!Friday night Shane took the boys to get me a surprise for Mothers Day. Afterward we met some friends for pizza and as we were walking out to the car and Tyler said, "mom we got you the coolest game for Mothers Day but I'm not telling you what it is!" Well of course the only "game" that I have really asked for is Rock Band. Sure enough that was it! Needless to say that I got my present early but didn't open it until Sunday. I would like to say it was because I am so disciplined, but really I was just exhausted from the trip and getting back to normal that I didn't have time or energy until Sunday. We have loved playing it and have to PEEL ourselves away from it to feed and care for our children. I have to say it has helped keep my mind off of the Edward and Bella cliffhanger....is it August yet?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That trifle looks sooooo yummy!! and beautiful. I almost wouldn't want to eat it. Glad you had such a wonderful day:)