Monday, May 19, 2008

Goodbye Kindergarten, Hello 1st Grade!


Tyler graduated from Kindergarten on Saturday May 17th. I hadn't spent much time thinking about the symbolism of this event but it hit me as soon as his teacher got up to speak. I can't believe that my first born has hit yet another major milestone! His teacher Ms. Savoy awarded each child there own "title" and Tyler got the Reading Wiz award. She said that he read almost better than she did and that if he ever had any free time Ty would be found with his nose in a book. Like father like son:)!



I am so proud of him, he is growing up so fast! After the ceremony we went to the Falcon's Nest for some cake and lemonade. I had to include a picture of the cake. They got it done at Wal-mart and they spelled Kindergarten as Kintergarden. I think they tried to fix it with a toothpick but it was still quite obvious to me!

Tyler chose to go to lunch at Larry's, our new favorite pizza spot! Then we headed home to get ready for company Saturday night.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Tyler!!! When did you get so old?!

Natalie said...

Yea Tyler!!!!
Time flies, that is for sure.

I love the Walmart cake, that is hilarious!