Thursday, May 29, 2008

Balmy Camping - Luvin' Lake Sylvia

We decided to hit the beautiful woods in AR for the last camping weekend of the season, although I think we might have been a week late! We arrived at the site around 5pm last Friday and planned to stay through lunch the next day. Needless to say we rounded up the fam and headed out around 11am on Saturday because of the "thickness" of the air. We had so much fun with the 6 other families that came along, the Hartzell's, Walker's, Griffin's, Jacob Tobler's, Joe Tobler's, & the Glade's including Chasqui the hungry Greyhound. Poor Chasqui was sick for 2 days because not only did he get some bacon, but he ate the paper towels that were covered in bacon grease:(!


We also had a visit from a rather large baby trantula, a symphony of babies singing at around 4am, a shower that ran all night long, and some crazy discussion after the little ones went to bed! Not to mention some fabulous s'mores, and a great breakfast! I love camping with my family and friends and can't wait to hit more great spots in the fall!
poor poor Henry, he didn't enjoy sleeping in a tentour mascot Chas
the super scary looking visitor we had around 1am, harmless right?!

a yummy breakfast of pancakes, sausage and potatoes, and breakfast burritos s'more anyone?i love all of the green

my boys, my loves

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun time!!! I love the picture of Ry with the smores...that's exactly how they should be eaten:)

Natalie said...

I love it! You guys always know how to have a great time! I love the pictures! It looks like you guys have made some good friends, and I cant believe how green it is there....so pretty!