Saturday, April 5, 2008

A tribute to My Man...


One of the things that I remember most about me and Shane's early courtship was one afternoon we were in D.C. waiting for the Metro and a Hispanic lady approached us asking for directions. Of course I had the deer in the headlights look, then suddenly this unfamiliar handsome boy happily responded....in Spanish. I thought how cool that was that he was able to help with something as simple as directions, but obviously it was something I wasn't able to do. In a way I felt like he was my hero. Ahhh.....the beginning, so simple-hearted!!

So here it is Conference weekend and we had planned on watching from our church with the rest of the ward. Then came a tornado...and changed our Saturday viewing plans into sweat, chainsaws, and benevolence. The tornadoes hit Little Rock this time, right in the middle of town. Some of the homes damaged are in our stake, so when our Stake President called, the men responded with vigor.

It all comes down to this, one of the most admirable and charming qualities in my husband is his willingness to help others at all costs, without hesitation or complaints, it's his nature. I KNOW that when there is a call for help he will be there if possible. The fact that he was able to participate in the clean up effort of the Little Rock Tornadoes makes me glow with pride. When he walked through the door this afternoon he was filthy, sunburned, and smelled like a tree, but I was more attracted to him than ever! I can always count on him to save my day, and sometimes other peoples. The lessons my children and I learn from him are immeasurable and precious. I don't know what I would be without him......I adore you sweetheart!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhhhh...how sweet!! I like that Shane got a whole post to himself:) That's crazy that tornado's get that close to you. How do you not freak out?! I am glad you guys are safe and that Shane got to help with the clean-up effort. What a great guy;)

Natalie said...

We. love. Shane. And Kristen too;)!

Natalie said...

sorry, kristIn.

{irene} said...

Yep, Mike came all red and with the cutest farmers tan ever!.

Sarah said...

Way to go Shane! I love your new blog!

Michelle said...

Okay...where are you getting the cute headers from?!