Friday, April 11, 2008

Blissfully Pink...Happy Birthday to My One and Only

Today was quite the marathon. My little girl turned 5! To celebrate we started with the early morning balloon tradition, which she almost ruined by getting out of bed much earlier than normal. Then she had a secret appointment for a makeover at Pink Bliss at 11am with two friends from school. She had no idea what I had planned for the day, just that it was a big surprise. It was adorable to watch, the girls got their hair done (little twisties complete with golden glitter hair spray), nails painted (alternating pink and purple with silver stars on each nail), and make-up done (pink eye-shadow, lots of sparkles, purple hearts, and of course more sparkly lipstick). Then the girls were able to make their own lip gloss, Ry choose Strawberry, Lucy-Cotton Candy, and Caroline chose Grape. It was a very entertaining event! After we met a bunch of friends for the best pizza in town. I was so grateful to have so many people come to help Ryli celebrate, including our very own Sue-wee! After that Becca and I went to check out the new Savers, because thrifting is just the best!

*Quick Green Tip: did you know that one of the largest contributors to our landfills these days is clothing? Re-use PEOPLE!!!*

Anyway, then back to pick Ty up from school, home to rest. Shane picks up U-Haul truck, off to soccer game, home to eat dinner, a little cake (yes I had some and now I feel sick), and children to bed. As I type my precious husband is "staging" the boxes and furniture for the loading of the truck tomorrow. We are moving, yuck. However there is much motivation due to what awaits.

Back to the Birthday girl. I knew I had to post tonight because the rest of the weekend will be dedicated to getting settled. I have to say that for me to not have a daughter in this life would be life unlived. I am SO grateful to know my Ryli, she is my one and only....



3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a little girly girl!!! I love it...I want one too:)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Ry! We can't wait to see you!

{irene} said...

What a cute party!!!!..She looks so excited!!!!...and I klove the look of your blog!...and that "human calendar" is the bomb!!!