Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Winter Days...(maybe a little bitter)

Much to my dismay we had not 1 but 2 snow days last week! I know that my Mountain West counterparts scoff at our measly measurements (probably about 5 inches total) but I was enjoying the bragging rights of having a dry winter! Last Tuesday Ty was out of school and joined Ryli at Gymboree and he was also out on Friday. Thursday Shane was told that since he was supposed to travel Friday that with all of the "WINTER STORM WARNINGS" that he needed to jet out of town ASAP! So he did, and left me with the insanity that unfolds with snow predicted in Little Rock. Needless to say we woke up Friday morning, check that, I woke up Friday morning at 5:45 am, turned on the T.V. to find Ty's school district closed. Anticipating the magical (sarcastic) blanket of white I ran to the window to find the streets covered in nothing but rain. Why would his school district have closed with the only evidence of winter weather being a weather man's predictions, (see above) southerners freak at the idea of snow. Anyway, feeling trapped in my teeny apartment with 3 children all day Friday lead to my desperate attempt to go anywhere but here! The snow finally arrived around noon, and it was really pretty, but the cabin fever was in full throttle and I was GOING somewhere. After a call to JumpZone, the Museum of Discovery and The Wonder Place, there was only one place left. Everywhere was closed down except the Bowling Alley. We met some friends, had a great time, then went to tour the new Wal-Mart Supercenter which is right down the street. It ended up being a great time to visit because it was the Grand Opening day and yet the weather kept the crowds away!
Shane made it home safe late Saturday night, and I managed to hang on to my sanity. Despite our knowledge of the time change we were still an hour late to church on Sunday, for good reason though, we stayed up late to spend time with Dad.....

5 comments:

Nate said...

It's OK Kristin. Junior Varsity Snow is better than no snow at all!
Love,
Captain of the Varsity Snow Team

Michelle said...

How fun...a tour of Wal-Mart. You must have really been desperate:) See...if you lived in Vegas still, you wouldn't have that problem.

Emilee said...

so i just looked at your profile and saw you love tori amos too? i'm a huuge tori fan. have you ever been to her most amazing concerts? man, we're practically the same person. :) i totally wish i was euro. we considered travis taking a job there cos we would've loved it for a few years. we want to go back...

{irene} said...

I found you guys!!!!....Love your blog!...Now we are connected!..this thing is so addictive...haha!

Mary Sue Whitelaw said...

Queen of Southern Hospitality, huh? I'll take that title any day. Actually, I love having my chicks all around my dining room table. To me, that's the ultimate joy in life. And I thank God every day for my beautiful, smart, and loving children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. He has blessed me abundantly.

Love, love, love the blog!

Mary Sue Whitelaw