Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ty's World

Six years ago tonight Tyler took a very discouraging and unsuccessful journey down the birth canal. Unsuccessful due to the "Sharp Head" syndrome, or Sharp brains, however you want to look at it. I suppose my genes had a little to do with it as well. Finally he greeted us on January 31st at 7:54am via ceserean. Am I really going to have a 6 year old tomorrow? This is always a somber time for me. Time flies so fast, sometimes I wish we had a pause button, or a rewind, or just a little more control.So here I am left with all of the logistical planning while my husband is playing Basketball. He asked for my consent (which I gave) several times before he left me with EVERYTHING to do. I have a 2-layer Pirate cake to design before I go to bed, presents to wrap, and as usual tradition in our house, I blow up a bunch of balloons and tie them on the birthday person's bed for a surprise wake-up. Tomorrow the schedule goes a little something like this:

6:30-wake up, fix breakfast and set up aforementioned balloons
7:00-wake up kids, sing to Ty, he opens 1 present
8:15-Ty to School
8:45-Ryli to school
10:15-Ty's school for lunch, Pizza and cake (custom pirate cake designed by me, YIKES!)
12:00-Go to the Hospital to pick up mom (couldn't they have picked a different dayto discharge?)
1:45-pick up Ryli from School
3:40-pick up Ty from school
4:00-Ryli to dance
4:30-pick Shane up
5:00-pick up Ryli and head to Chuck E Cheese for games
6:30-Birthday dinner for the Birthday Boy at Olive Garden, he finally gets to open the rest of his presents
We gave Ty a choice to do whatever he wanted tomorrow and he chose Chuck E Cheese, then because I refuse to eat their pizza he conveniently chose Olla Garden, his most favorite place to eat! I was happy to oblige. We never eat out anymore and Tyler is craving some breadsticks. Poor kid!


Wow that was exhausting!

Update on Mom:
Yes she is going home tomorrow. I know she is happy and I am too, I'm tired of visiting the hospital with kids. I think she will progress better at home. My dad will stay with her, she cannot be by herself. We will take her to therapy 3 times a week and spend a lot of time at her house with her. Her speech is a little better. She has felt a little sensation in her hand and her left arm is also getting a little bit better everyday. It's a slow process but I know she is getting better.

I'll post pictures of the birthday extravaganza within the next few days! The big family dinner is Friday night!


A cute shot of the kiddos in Gram's wheel chair at the hospital!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe Tyler is going to be 6. Pretty soon he's going to be baptized. Craziness. Glad your Mom is doing better...hopefully she will do even better at home with all her personal things around her. Loved all the pictures. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Natalie said...

kRISTIN! YOUR BLOG LOOKS SO GREAT! HOW DID YOU GET THE LOGO AT THE TOP? I LOVE IT! LOOKS LIKE SUPER MOM THREW TY THE BIRTHDAY BASH OF HIS DREAMS. ABOUT THAT MOVE ACROSS THE COUNTRY...WERE YOU SERIOUS???

Natalie said...

TELL TY HAPPY B-DAY FROM US! WILL YOU EMAIL ME THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY BIRTHDAYS?
NATALIEKIDD@COX.NET