Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thrifty-ness...project#2



So here it is, my second work of art. Ryli has these great Antik jeans that fit her like a dream except that she is getting to long for them. My children don't seem to grow out....just up. Anyway, I have had no luck trying to find jeans that fit her around the mid section and decided to use some of the extra fabric from the knee patching job that I did to add a little flare
(and length)!
Don't look to close there are some serious flaws but hey, another thrifty victory for me!
Sewing is such a forgiving adventure!
UPDATE ON MOM:
She will spend at least another week in rehab. She is making progress slowly but surely. I'm going to spend the day at her condo tomorrow cleaning and organizing. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. There was talk of her having to go to an assisted living facility for a while after rehab, I really hope that she doesn't have to endure that!!! Thanks for all of the prayers and warm wishes!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love them! I would love to spend a day in your creative and motivated brain. Inspiring you are indeed! glad to hear your mom is making good progress! Cannon's curls are so cute. Maybe when they grow back they will be curlier (is that a word?). Tell Shane hello.

Michelle said...

I am so impressed by your sowing skills. I have only sown one thing since I got my machine...such a slacker.