Wednesday, January 9, 2008

a quick trip to the park....

Yes, that is my 4 and 5 year old in
infant swings....what can you do?!



We decided to take advantage of a mild winter day. It hit fifty degrees and my kids have been climbing the walls (as have my nerves) so they were very surprised when I asked if they wanted to go the park. Of course Ty refused to wear a jacket and it was much cooler once we got outside than it felt at my front door, so our park excursion was shorter than planned.





































I thought this picture really turned out cool. This park is right behind our apartments, it's beautiful. It is really nice to live on a lake, even if it is an apartment. There is a quote that I have taped up next to the computer and I read it at least once a day to help when I get frustrated with our humble abode:

"When I speak of home, I speak of the place where-in default of a better-those I love are gathered together, and if that place were a gypsy's tent or a barn, I should call it by the same good name notwithstanding"
- Charles Dickens

After all, the biggest blessing is that we have each other....


1 comment:

Michelle said...

It looks beautiful there. You actually have trees! How nice to have a park nearby that isn't filled with teenage gang bangers. Maybe you are better off in Arkansas with the tornados:)
Just kidding...you are better off here in Vegas near me!!