Thursday, January 3, 2008

It isn't perfect.....



Merry Christmas to me!!! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and it arrived tonight! I decided an easy first project for an amateur seamstress like myself would be a twin size duvet cover. My little Cannon needed a comforter for his new big boy bed and in an effort to be thrifty I decided to make use of extra sheets that Ty doesn't like on his bed! Fortunately everything matches the pirate theme and all for $0, unless you count the sewing machine, but I don't think I should.... It isn't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome and so is my little man.





He is doing pretty good with sleeping in his bed, we just have to lay down with him every now and them.

Ty went to work with Shane today just for fun, he had a great time and loved riding the bus home with him.

To jump subjects, I'm so excited with the results the from the Iowa Caucus - Obama and Huckabee!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Impresivo! I am happy to have a way to peek in on you guys. We enjoyed your Christmas card. Piper said "Oh, look at Ry. She is such a little lady now!" it was pretty funny. Miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Yeah!!!!!!! I am so excited to see your blog!!!! Now I won't miss you as much because you will be updating all the time, right?? I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. Ty is so grown up and Ry looks like a mini me, and as for Cannon's hair...it is so adorable. Can't wait to see more:)

Jeanie Whitelaw said...

Glad Cannon is adapting. We really need to have that "aunt-niece" political discussion... :) Just kidding. Miss you guys. Give my love to all. Jeanie

Michelle said...

I have the same sowing machine. My mom got it for me for my birthday. Maybe you can teach me how to use it:)